Welcome to my first post where I will be showing what kind of workouts you can do in the safety of your own home during this time of quarantine. What’s great about today’s workout is that it can consist of just body weight or you can incorporate weights or household items for resistance. We are going to perform all 3 exercises back to back 30-seconds each, time under tension. Then we will repeat the circuit 2 more times.
1. Reverse Lunges
2. Alternating Curtsy Lunges
1. Stand straight with your feet hip-width apart.
2. Keeping your torso upright, step your left foot back and to the right so that it touches down behind and to the right of your right foot.
3. Aim to finish with a 90-degree bend in your right knee and your left knee hovering about an inch above the floor.4. Push yourself back to the starting position. Repeat with the opposite leg.
5. Continue alternating for 30 seconds.
3. Alternating Front Lunges w/ Arm Raises
1. Stand tall.
2. Step forward with your left leg and slowly lower your body until your front knee is bent at least 90 degrees, while your rear knee is just off the floor.
3. Keep your torso upright the entire time and core right so you can raise your arms either in front of you or over your head.
4. Pause, then push off your left foot off the floor and return to the starting position while lowering your arms back to your sides.
5. On your next rep, step forward with your right leg while raises your arms.
6. Continue alternating for 30 seconds.